A new update has come to Guitar Hero Live and it brings along the new feature called Rival Challenges. Rival Challenges pits players against each other twice every half hour on GHTV with a randomized song. What follows is an intense one on one battle. A post on the Freestyle Games website from Jamie Jackson details the new update.
- To unlock Rival Challenges, you will need to be level 10 or higher. We decided this because once you hit level 10, you will have gained access to Guitar Upgrades and accumulated some Hero Powers, which we think introduces fun and interesting layers of competition.
- Rival Challenges will occur twice in every half-hour show. The song choices will be picked by us, so you’ll always need to be ready!
- Your opponent will be of relatively close skill level, paired with you through our underlying matchmaking technology.
- The winner of each battle earns an extra +100 Status XP, along with bragging rights of course.
- Another bonus is showing off the personalisation items you’ve earned in GHTV. When a battle kicks off, both you and your opponent will see each other’s playercard and note highway on screen.
Do you like Guitar Hero Live? What is your favorite song? How does this new feature sound to you? Leave a comment below.